Cadmium Plating (Nadcap)
Cadmium plating is an attractive, soft coating that can be deposited on various base materials, up to and including steels, copper and different types of iron. Moreover, it is one of the few deposits that is sacrificial, excelling in corrosion protection.
With natural lubricity, Cad plating also provides anti-galling and low friction properties.
Furthermore, other characteristics of Cadmium coating are low chemical resistance, ease of solderability and the flexability to coat on dissimilar materials. Also, due to the efficiency of the bath, Cadmium is an excellent solution for the coating of critical parts as well as complex geometries.
With our rack plating capabilities to satisfy both the large and small volume projects, Techmetals’ 1,500 gallon plating tanks will handle almost any requirement.
Benefits of Cadmium Plating:
- Good protection against corrosion in salt atmospheres and at low thickness
- Resistant to mold and bacteria growth
- Low electrical resistance and exceptional conductivity
- Favorable galvanic compatibility with aluminum
- Natural lubricity providing anti-galling and low-friction properties
- Superior solderability
- Creates a good bonding surface for adhesives
- Works well as a paint base
- Can be used on differing substrates such as steel, iron, copper, brass and aluminum
- Galvanic protection for iron and steel substrates that can provide corrosion protection even when scratched
- Soft and Malleable
- Chromates available in Black, Clear, Olive Drab and Yellow
Cad Plating Properties:
THICKNESS PER CLASS:
I – 0.0005″ minimum
II – 0.0003″ minimum
III – 0.0002″ minimum
Type I – as plated
Type II – w/ supplementary Chromate treatment
Aerospace, Aircraft, Automotive, Electronics, Defense, Marine
Cad Plating Spec: