Optic Electroless Nickel
Optical Grade Electroless Nickel (EN) is a high-phosphorous, high-build nickel deposit, which is formulated specifically for the optics industry.
This coating is perfectly uniform and can be plated to thickness exceeding 0.026″. Optic Grade EN makes use of premium chemistry processes to meet the exacting specifications of our customers.
It is highly suitable for single point diamond turning. Industries that make use of Techmetals’ Optical EN typically produce mirrors, optical lenses, precision tools, printing plates and more that require the high-polish results this application offers.
Benefits of Optical EN:
- Uniform deposit thickness with no edge build-up (non-magnetic)
- Ability to hold tight tolerances within + 0.0001″
- Covers hard to reach areas that are difficult or impossible to coat with other coatings
- Preferred by diamond turning and polishing professionals
- Mold release, good wear
- Can be applied on ferrous or non-ferrous materials
- Less void volume than standard Electroless Nickel
AMS 2404, AMS 26074, MIL-C-26074,
ASTM B 733
Optical EN Properties:
> 10.5 – 12%
COEFFICIENT OF THERMAL EXPANSION, u/m°C: 13 – 15
50 – 100 microhm-cm